In this story demonstration, Roger and Juriah demonstrate how to make your telling of WHY BATS LIVE IN TREES AND CAVES highly interactive!
- they demonstrate the pre-telling activity of creating a still image
- as Roger tells, they demonstrate the call and response elements of the story, the Animals and the Birds chants (‘action rhymes’)
- they structure the story into 6 sections to make it easy to remember
- they explain the sequence of the post-telling activity, which is a simple dramatisation of the story featuring the entire class;
- and Roger outlines a final reflection on the nature of friendship, which is the story’s theme.
A summary of the story and the ‘lesson plan for both the pre and post-telling activities can be downloaded here: Mendaki Raikan Ilmu Interactive Storytelling proposal Lower Primary 2